Live far away and can’t make it to The Rock Box? Feeling under the weather but still want to jam? Do your lessons in the comfort of your own home with ONLINE LESSONS! Any instrument!
Call 941-200-2163 and get started today!
VOICE, PIANO, GUITAR, BASS, DRUMS, UKULELE, MANDOLIN, BANJO, VIOLIN, VIOLA, FIDDLE, CELLO, WORLD PERCUSSION (DJEMBE, CAJON, ETC), TRUMPET, FRENCH HORN, TROMBONE, TUBA, FLUTE, CLARINET, SAXOPHONE, EUPHONIUM, & MORE!
If you have an online lesson scheduled, click on your teachers photo at the designated time and wait in the “Waiting Room” for the lesson to begin. Make sure your camera and microphone are both ON and your volume is turned up.
ROCK BOX TEACHERS
MEETING PASSWORD: rockbox
*** For best audio results, enable ORIGINAL SOUND ***
GUEST TEACHERS & SUBSTITUTES
MEETING PASSWORD: rockbox
To get started, follow these simple steps to create a Zoom account. MAKE YOUR ZOOM PROFILE AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR FIRST ONLINE LESSON!!! Get familiar with Zoom so it’s easier for you to use.
1. Go to www.zoom.us
2. Click SIGN UP.
3. Enter your email address and click SIGN UP.
4. Check your email inbox for verification.
5. Click ACTIVATE ACCOUNT.
6. This will take you back to the Zoom website where you will create your Zoom account.
7. Enter the STUDENTS first and last name, and create a password (use upper and lower case letters and numbers). Click CONTINUE.
8. Invite Your Colleagues: click SKIP THIS STEP.
9. Click GO TO MY ACCOUNT. Feel free to personalize it with a photo and more info. This is optional.
10. If you have multiple students, they should each have their own account. If they each have their own device, that would be ideal (since some of them take lessons at the same time).
THAT’S IT! Now it’s time for your first online lesson!
1. Go to www.rockboxmusicschool.com/onlinelessons/ at your regularly scheduled lesson time and refresh the website. Make sure your device is CHARGED and/or PLUGGED IN and that you have good Internet connection.
2. Scroll down and click on your teachers photo (this will take you to a virtual “waiting room”). If you start too early, your teacher might not be ready for you.
3. MEETING PASSWORD: rockbox
4. Make sure your volume is up and that your camera and microphone are both ON (see the icons at the bottom of your screen). If the app asks you to use Internet Audio, click YES.
5. When your teacher is ready, they will start the lesson.
After you’ve created your Zoom account, call 941-200-2163 to confirm and schedule your first FREE LESSON!
- Make sure your device is charged and/or plugged in and you have a strong Internet connection.
- Make sure your camera and microphone are both ON and your volume is turned up.
- Set up in a well-light room, but don’t point your camera directly at any windows or lights.
- Make sure your whole instrument fits on the screen (especially for drums and pianos) and your teacher can see your hands.
- For best audio results, enable ORIGINAL SOUND.
- Have everything ready to go BEFORE your lesson starts! Instruments, books, notes, music stand, etc.
- Learn and HAVE FUN!!!
AUDIO PROBLEMS: We’ve found that with some louder instruments (drums, etc), the microphone on a computer gets overloaded and maxes itself out, causing it to mute itself when the instrument is played. If you’re using a computer, follow these simple steps to fix the problem. Sadly, these options are not available on phones or tablets.
- Click the arrow next to the microphone icon and click on Settings.
- Microphone Volume should be set to about 50% (this might need to be adjusted more).
- Click on Advanced Settings and Disable the 2 options for Background Noise (both of them).
If you have problems or questions, please call The Rock Box at 941-200-2163.
Please CLICK HERE for our Lesson Prices.
Please CLICK HERE for our Lesson Policies.